How do you know you’re pregnant?
Possible signs include:
- a missed period or your period may be shorter or lighter than usual
- tender and/or bigger breasts
- tingling or tender nipples
- feeling sick and/or tired
- need to pass urine more often
- food cravings.
To confirm you are pregnant you will need to have a pregnancy test. You can do a urine test yourself by buying one from a pharmacy or supermarket, or see your doctor, SHINE SA or the Pregnancy Advisory Centre.
A pregnancy test can take 3 weeks to show a positive result. If you have tested negative but still feel that you may be pregnant then it is a good idea to repeat the test.