Sexual and Reproductive Health and General Practice Fee Changes
As of July 2021, SHINE SA’s clinic and counselling fees are changing.
- Clients aged 25 and under with a Medicare card will be bulk billed (excluding consumables*).
- Clients aged over 25 with a valid Concession/Health Care card will be bulk billed (excluding consumables*).
- Clients aged over 25 without concessions will be charged fees that are payable on the day with their Medicare rebate refunded before leaving the clinic. This will leave an out-of-pocket expense (gap payment).
*Consumables include contraception supplied by SHINE SA, medication, and some vaccines.
Fee guide for clients aged over 25 (Non-Concession Card Holder) are as follows:
|Service||Payable On Day||Medicare Rebate||Out-Of-Pocket Expense (Gap)|
|Short Appointment: Less than 10 mins||$32.75||$17.75||$15|
|Standard Appointment: Less than 20 mins||$73.75||$38.75||$35|
|Long Appointment: More than 25 mins||$120.05||$75.05||$45|
|Prolonged Appointment: More than 45 mins||$160.50||$110.50||$50|
|IUD Assessment (Nurse)||$60||$60|
|IUD Insertion||$330.65||$130.65||$200 + cost of device|
|Implanon Insertion||$166.25||$106.25||$60 + cost of device|
Note: All clients are required to pay the cost of supplied consumables.
More information on fees:
- Minor procedures involve a consult fee, gap payment and consumable fee (if applicable).
- Fees are a guide only and total costs and out of pocket expenses may vary on the day of your appointment. Fees are adjusted annually.
- Clients experiencing hardship are encouraged to discuss their situation with the clinician at their appointment.
- A cancellation fee may be charged if clients do not cancel their appointment or fail to attend.
- Non-Medicare card holders will be charged a full cost of consult without a rebate. Any pathology taken will be directly billed. We do not process Private Health Insurance claims, we do provide a receipt for you to claim through your insurer.
Counselling Fee Changes
As of July 2021:
Counselling services for clients under 25 years old will be free.
Concession/Health Care card holders will pay a $25 fee per session.
Clients over 25 years old (non-Concession card holders) will pay a $50 fee per session.
Sessions for workers and carers of people living with a disability will incur a $100 fee.
If you have any questions about these changes contact 8300 5300.