Scholarships for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Focused Workers
SHINE SA is offering scholarships for participation in our courses and professional development to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Focused Workers.
Priority for these scholarships will be given to professionals who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, work with Aboriginaland Torres Strait Island people or work in an Aboriginal organisation and who have a strong interest in sexual and reproductive health.
SHINE SA will cover the full cost of the applicant’s course of choice. Applicants attending a course that exceeds 1 day in duration can apply for contribution to expenses incurred to attend the course.
Applicants must provide a statement outlining the support required and why, including estimated costs. All applicants must apply by 01 July 2022.
For Nurses, Midwives & Aboriginal Health Practitioners
- Cervical Screening Provider Course – 9 February & 04 May 2022
- Certificate in Sexual Health for Registered Nurses and Midwives – 06-10 June 2022
- Contraceptive Implant (Implanon NXT) Training for Registered Nurses and Midwives – 09 March 2022
- STI & BBV Workshop for Nurses and Midwives – 30 March 2022
- LGBTIQ Inclusion Workshop for Nurses and Midwives – 03 May 2022
- Contraception Workshop for Nurses and Midwives – 24 February 2022
- Implanon Train the Trainer – Dates TBA
- Contraceptive Implant (Implanon NXT) Training for Doctors – 01 February & 12 April & 21 June 2022
- IUD Insertion Train the Trainer Program – 29 March & 14 June 2022
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Workshop – 05 April 2022
- FPAA National Certificate in Reproductive & Sexual Health for Doctors – 27June-1July 2022
Youth, Community & Aboriginal Workers
- Let’s talk About Sexual Health: Youth Focus – 24-25 March 2022
- Let’s talk About Sexual Health: Aboriginal Focus – 28-29 September 2022
- Pregnancy Choices Training – 28-29 November 2022
Scholarships are now open for applications.