Enhancing Sexual Health in Country SA aims to help build capacity and skills around sexual health through education, personalised support and the provision of information/resources.
Through this program SHINE SA will:
deliver support to rural and regional health workers
raise awareness of sexual health topics within the community
This program reinforces the outcomes of the successful Building Workforce Capacity in Sexual Health Program: Country South Australia. Our current program expands on the response to the rising national rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), in particular chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis, and the advent of new technologies in HIV prevention.
Education and training will be offered in regional areas of South Australia and will focus on addressing the current syphilis outbreak, the ongoing chlamydia epidemic and managing HIV. Other topics offered include raising awareness of long-acting contraceptives (LARCs) such as contraceptive implant and intrauterine devices.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
Through this program SHINE SA will provide FREE opportunities for information, resources, education and training. These opportunities can be both formal and informal depending on needs.
Webinar and case presentations
- View our Webinar recordings for health practitioners, topics including bridging cultural barriers for better sexual health services.
- View our upcoming Webinar opportunities including our Your Questions Answered! series.
Extension of educational videos and educational podcasts
- View our current Sexual Health Matters – Clinical episodes covering topics including chlamydia, IUDs, contraception and more.
- In addition to podcasts for clinicians and webinars. We also offer a community-focused podcast episodes and information for general education of the community and wider workforce.
Personalised support including telephone advice
Information for health practices located in the region
Increasing access to formal certificate qualifications where relevant
Provision of sexual health resources and reference material, with cost and postage covered under the funding as negotiated
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ‘wish list’ of resources in prioritised format. Many of the SHINE SA resources can be viewed in our Online Shop.
This program has been made possible by funding from Country SA PHN.